Thursday, March 8, 2012

2 Year Old Check up and Toddler Update

     Johnny and Shaine had their 2yr. check up on Tuesday and the kiddos are in great health.  We feel so blessed that our children have not had any medical problems.  Although Shaine has a heart murmur the doctor couldn't hear it.  This is a good sign.  Now that she's 2 she needs to go back to the cardiologist, but we pray it will be the last visit and her murmur has healed.  Thank you Jesus for allowing us to enjoy your happy healthy children.
     Before I start giving all the growth information on the twins I will explain in the simplest form how the medical world determines Growth Percentile.  50% is the number used for average or standard size.  Any number below 50% is below average, and a higher number is above average.  With all that being said...here we go!
     JOHNNY---Weight...27lbs.--37%
                     ---Height ...32.5" --8%
     Head Circumference ...48.5cm --45%...ha ha ha...he gets that from his daddy.

     SHAINE --- Weight...22lbs.--6%
                     --- Height...32.25"--12%
     Head Circumference..46.5cm---24%...she gets it from her daddy too.

     The twins are pretty small for their age, but they always have been.  I've told people that I've seen 10 month old babies the same size as Johnny and Shaine, and for the record I wasn't kidding.  Outside of being tiny for their age the doctor says that the both of them are on a great growth scale and doing wonderful!!

     Our babies are little people now.  It's so weird, but oh so cool.  The most fun is watching them talk and play with one another.  Today I was pushing Shaine on a swing while Johnny was climbing up a slide and she yells over to Johnny, " Johnny look how high!  Johnny, come here...swing!"  Johnny says, "No Shaine...I climb."  Full sentences.  My children are starting to speak in full sentences....AWESOME!!!!  Another exciting thing that's been happening is whenever Johnny is naked he'll tell us when he has to pee. He'll grab himself and say, "pee pee".  One of us will place him on the potty and then he goes pee pee in the toilet.  He'll reach for the toilet paper to wipe, and then flushes.  Two days ago he was running around naked and said "pee pee".  I quickly picked him up and as I was headed to the bathroom he said, "hurry mommy hurry."  I just about died laughing, but he peed in the toilet.  Mike and I are crossing our fingers that he can keep this up.  As for Shaine she has some constipation issues that past week.  Hopefully this will pass and she'll follow in Johnny's footsteps. 
      I can go on and on about all the fun and fascinating things these kiddos do, but I wouldn't know when to stop.  I guess this is what most parents do when they love their children so so so much.  Mike and I are very proud parents, but very humbled as well.  We wouldn't be here without the love and support of our family.  We love all of you so very much and it's an honor to be able to share our children with our parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment